Monday 5 May 2014

Naenae, Taita Housing Concept

The location : 29 Fisk Street, Naenae, Lower Hutt
Land area: 400msq
My idea for this project is to upgrade the community and lifestyle of Naenae and Taita. I want to improve the community and make it a nicer and safer place to live. I want to create homes that are sustainable, eco-friendly and easy to maintain (inclusive of nature and outside elements- natural material e.g. wood and insulating material e.g. concrete). My idea is to create a space for a family of 7, as the people in these communities often have a lot of kids - found in our research through our first reading assignment. I want the house to be cost effective, safe, warm and a nice place for a family to grow up in.

My spatial generator is Aparia, which means to heap up layer by layer.

So with my concept and my spacial generator mixed together I am creating the idea of layering up with eco-friendly materials and ideas. Eco-friendly ideas such as water usage(making use of the rain), research into inside wall gardens, making the best use of sunlight, good insulation and ventilation through proper use of materials. low maintenance, self sustaining living. Layering will also be showed by doing a two story layered house.





No comments:

Post a Comment